Since January we've been going like crazy! K played volleyball again this winter. Her team was AWESOME. He coach is great! She signed up for a summer camp on Sundays with her coach. She has gotten so much better every game she played. Now she is working on her overhand serve. She will get it, I have no dought.
In February, we played in the snow. It was a whole lot of fun! We were up and out by 6:15 AM and didn't come in until it was all gone. We are never up that early on a Friday morning. We made snowballs and snow angels. The girls thought it would be fun to jump on the trampoline. They never really got up, just slid all over the place. It was hilarious! We laughed so hard our sides hurt.
And finally, we had our first family stock show season. We only went to San Antonio and our county show so it was too bad. Tic and Tac were a LOT of work but we had a great time with them. We met some great people and were reacquainted with old friends. I hope K enjoys showing as mush as I did when I was a kid. She is really good at it. She won her very first showmanship belt buckle. We made sure to let her know that was all her. She was really proud of herself, as were we. It was really hard to say good bye last weekend.
We have already started Tball and softball practices. R, my niece, and cousin's little girl are on the lady unicorns(Yes, I know) . Let's just say they are going to have a blast. Who knows if they will learn anything. If they practices are any indication of there playing ability it's going to be a fun season. Lots of laughs and smiles to be had. K is playing on the same team she was on last year. The coach decided to play up the season. They are pretty good for their age. Okay, I'm a little bias. K turned 10 on Wednesday! I can't believe she is 10. A local church puts up weekly quotes. A few weeks ago this one was up " If you are a parent the days are long but the years are short." How true is that? We are so proud of her. She has made straight A's for 2 years in a row. She is amazing at sports and showing steers. We couldn't ask for a better kid.
Ryan is going to a steer sale today. Hopefully, he will come home with a good one! Spring Break is in a week (can't come soon enough) and we aren't going anywhere this year. The girls are bummed but we have TONS of stuff to do around here. SUMMER is RIGHT around the corner. I just want to get through TAKS testing and I'll be fine. AND THAT IS THE CRAZY LIFE WE LEAD and would change a thing!

No comments:
Post a Comment