Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Not Much to Blog About

I don't really have much to blog about but I just felt like blogging. I have less than 2 weeks until the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation walk. I have met my goal of $200. Thank you to all of you that donated. My sister donated the sale of a monogrammed bag. Thanks Brandi for doing that. You can still donate to the team that I am walking for, Hannah's Bears by going to my website http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmID=87110073. I am walking with a student of mine this year. She is a wonderful little girl. I'm not going to lie, I was a little scared to have her in my class given all the logistics of her illness. Truly, it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. We are learning as we go... I saw we because I'm learning more and more everyday. This illness SUCKS. That's why I'm asking for your donation. If we can find a cure in Hannah's lifetime it would be a gift sent from Heaven.

Anyway, we went to the coast over the weekend. It was beautiful!! Hurricane Ike might have done a number on part of the coast but Port A was great! There was a lot of standing water in places that usually dosen't have any but other than that it was fine. The girls had fantastic time as well. Thanks to my wonderful husband I got to spend the day on the beach all by myself.

School is going great. Karagen has received a 100 on every spelling test so far. She is loving first grade. We haven't regrated for a second putting her in pre-1st. Now the school district is doing away with the program so we have to decide what we will do with Reagan. With her birthday being the middle of May, she would benifit from an extra year. Chalk another one up to budget cuts. Karagen started dancing again after doing a year of gymnastics. She really likes it. We've also started the New Braunfels Girls Softball league. They are the Little Lady Longhorns. If you know Ryan, he wasn't very happy about that. Her coach is awesome. She's been coaching for 14 years and has a daughter on the team. Of course I agreed to be the team mom because I inherited the " I just can't say NO." trait from my Mother. Reagan loves being able to stay at her house with my mom and her friend Jaxson on Mondays and Fridays. She will ask everyday " Is Jack coming to my house today?" She is so much fun. Talking up a storm. I'm not sure where she gets that from???

Please don't forget to pray for my friend Lynn. Her surgery is scheduled for October 13th. I know she will be fine but a little prayer won't hurt.

1 comment:

The Phillips said...

Shauna- I love to read whats going on in your world! I feel so far from home most of the time. I don't know if you know but my sister has Type 1 Diabetes also. We will be at the walk on October 11th our team name is 2 Sweet. I hope to see you! Are you an Ryan still living in Bulverde? My email address is phillips.shellie@yahoo you should email me sometime!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
We are a family of four and love spending time with each other. I can't imagine what our lives would be like without our girls.